Everything You Need To Know About Asbestos And Law For It
Everything You Need To Know About Asbestos And Law For It: Asbestos was a highly sought after product for about a century. American manufactures and contractors went so far as to dub it the “magic mineral” before the deadly properties it was hiding were revealed.
Important facts about Asbestos
Some important facts about this toxic, dangerous and prolific natural product that everyone ought to know are:
- The use of asbestos was both extensive and wide spread for over a dozen decades
- It is a naturally occurring mineral which is mined from the ground. The mineral is found in reserves in Canada, the United States and many other countries as well
- The origins of the deadly mesothelioma can be traced to interaction with asbestos
- Asbestos is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths globally. However, it is still being mined and distributed due to widespread industrial use.
Law and asbestos
It does not take a lot to conclude that asbestos is a dangerous substance and shouldn’t be used. Laws have been drafted dealing with the matter. A short guide to asbestos litigation:
- The start of asbestos litigation:
In 1924 Nellie Kershaw sought to seek compensation for her employer where she worked with asbestos. Her job entailed spinning asbestos into yarn. Inhalation of asbestos fibers caused her to experience many health issues.
- The link between asbestos and cancer
With increasing use of asbestos in industries began an escalation in reports of workers in contact with the substance experiencing serious diseases and suffering from cancer, particularly mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.
The spread of knowledge and awareness among the mass population led to filing of multiples of claims. This was a significant turning point in the history of asbestos litigation.
This short guide to asbestos litigation served only to increase both knowledge and awareness regarding the deadly substance.
For More Information & Videos Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel