How Long Can A Car Insurance Claim Take To Complete?
How Long Can A Car Insurance Claim Take To Complete?: Owning a car is a huge step forward in one’s life and once you are dependent on it, it becomes a necessity. Car insurance is a must as it protects you and your finances when any unforeseen accident happens. If this happens, you’ll have to claim car insurance and with this the question arises regarding an insurance claim- how long does it take to complete? We have the answer for you so read on!
Know Your Facts
Before you hit the panic button about claiming your car insurance, take a deep breath and know your facts clearly.
- Insurance claim is literally a team work. It is not just you, the claimant, who runs the show but a claim adjuster also plays a pivotal role. A whole team is basically involved in the process and any miscommunication or poor paper filing can delay the insurance claim process.
- It is always advisable to file a claim if anyone has been injured or the cause of the damage or accident is unclear. However, if only you and your vehicle are the only things damaged/ injured and the whole cost comes to be less than your deductible, it’s better to pay out of your own pocket.
- Before filing a claim, make sure you have photographic evidence and if you have been injured, a written note from your physician verifying your injury.
- Always know the time limit for filing a claim as every place and state has different time limits after which you can’t file a claim.
- Always file a police report if another driver is involved. Even if you are guilty, let your insurance company and the police decide on the guilty party.
- Have knowledge about the type of claim you are about to file.
An insurance claim- how long does it take to complete? It largely depends on how you handle your claim. Any miscommunication or poor communication on your behalf and the claims adjuster can lead to a significant delay. Be honest and upfront. Be prepared and be ready to answer questions. A delay on your behalf will delay the whole process.
For More Information & Videos Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel