New measures vowed by Saudi led bloc in Qatar crisis
In leading a boycott against Qatar the four Arab states have described Doha’s rejection of their demands as a threat to regional security.
New measures have also been warned by, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates in a joint statement.
The four states after accusing Qatar of supporting Jihadi groups severed ties with Qatar last month.
Qatar had denied the allegations and earlier this week rejected the ultimatum by the Saudi-led bloc.
Rex Tillerson the US Secretary of State is expected on Monday to visit Kuwait, which is mediating the Gulf crisis.
Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt and the UAE in Thursday’s statement, have said that Qatar’s rejection of their 13 demands “reflects its intention to continue its policy, aimed at destabilising security in the region.”
New politicial and economic measures against the tiny Gulf Kingdom have also been threatened without providing any further details.
The bloc has demanded to Qatar to shut down the Al Jazeera channel along with scaling down of ties with Iran, furthermore it has demanded handing over individuals which are wanted for terrorism and aligning itself politically and economically to the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC).
The Foreign Minister for Qatar Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani had described the cutting of ties with his country as “a siege that is a clear aggression and an insult.”
Earlier in the week he had said “The answer to our disagreement is not blockades and ultimatums, it is dialogue and reason,”
In order to meet the basic needs of its population of 2,7 million, The small oil and gas rich nation is dependent on imports.
As the only land border is now closed, food has to be shipped or flown in.
Mr Thani has said that this could be sustained “indefinitely.”
Watch your favorite programs, documentaries, informative packages and latest NEWS(English and Urdu).
Watch Humsub tv Live Streaming here: Humsub.tv
Read Latest Articles and News here: humsub