Things A Mother Should Do If The Baby Swallows Common House Items

Things A Mother Should Do If The Baby Swallows Common House Items

Things A Mother Should Do If The Baby Swallows Common House Items: Babies love to touch and hold anything they can get their tiny hands on and what’s more? They like to put it in their mouths too which can not only be dangerous but, in some cases, can prove fatal. How you handle the situation depends on the object that has been swallowed.

Here we discuss what to do if a child swallows any household item and recovery of a child after swallowing a battery.

Things A Mother Should Do If The Baby Swallows Common House Items
Things A Mother Should Do If The Baby Swallows Common House Items

Household Cleaners

The moment your baby learns to crawl is the time to be more vigilant than ever. Household cleaners are generally colorful and look very attractive. If your baby has somehow managed to ingest a household cleaner, don’t waste any time or wait for the signs of poisoning, which include foaming at the mouth, drooling and vomiting; to become evident before rushing out to your nearest emergency center.

If possible, don’t forget to take the container from which your baby has ingested the chemicals. This will allow the doctor to identify the cause and treat it accordingly.

Small, Non-reactive Objects

As a rule of thumb, it is generally recommended that you call your doctor if your baby has swallowed something that is small, smooth and non-magnetic such as a piece of crayon, a small stone or even a coin. As long as the child is breathing normally and not choking, there is no need to rush to the emergency department, rather it is better to let it pass out in the stools.

Things A Mother Should Do If The Baby Swallows Common House Items
Things A Mother Should Do If The Baby Swallows Common House Items

Small Objects That are a Cause of Concern

From magnets to batteries to smaller sharp pins; these are the small objects that require prompt medical intervention. While magnets and sharp objects can cause perforation anywhere in the gut, batteries contain dangerous chemicals which react with the saliva in the mouth after getting lodged in the esophagus. Recovery of a child after swallowing a battery greatly depends on how quick you are to take your child to the emergency, as the first two hours are very critical and if not treated and can cause severe injury within the gut.

For More Information & Videos Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel

Read More News & Articles

Leave a Reply


Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home3/humsubtv/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5275

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home3/humsubtv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-ssl/class-mixed-content-fixer.php on line 110