Main Features of Sindh Budget Presented By CM Sindh
Main Features of Sindh Budget Presented By CM Sindh: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah presented a Rs1,144.448 billion tax-free budget with a Rs.343.90 billion development outlay for the next financial year.
Main Features of the budget are as follows:
- Sindh budget 2018-19 is a tax-free, welfare oriented and a progressive budget.
- Finance Bill for 2018-19 was not introduced
- The total development budget outlay for Sindh in 2018-19 would be Rs.343.90 billion which includes Rs.282 billion ADP (Rs.252 billion provincial ADP and Rs.30 billion District ADP).
- There would be Rs.46.894 billion from Foreign Projects Assistance (FPA) and Rs.15.02 billion would be provided by Federal Government for PSDP schemes to be executed by Government of Sindh.
- For the next financial year Current Expenditure constitutes 69.9 percent of the total provincial budget. The estimates of development expenditure for Financial Year 2018-19 are pitched at Rs.344 billion.
Law And Order
- 1000 million were allocated for disbursement as compensation to the families of Shuhda and injured personnel, recruitment of 10,000 police personnel made through NTS, Rs.159 million provided for training of newly recruited Police Constables at Pak Army Training Centers etc
- The allocation of education sector is Rs.178.70 billion. The non-development budget of Education has been increased from Rs.178.70 billion to a total of Rs.205.739 billion in next financial year 2018-19.
- Budget For College Education Is Rs.5000.000 Million For ADP 2018-19 For 48 On-Going Schemes With Different Interventions. The Schemes Are 11 New Degree Colleges Would Be Established In Districts Hyderabad, Korangi, Malir, Karachi West, Umerkot, Sukkur, Jamshoro, Shikarpur, Jacobabad One In Each And Two In Sanghar. Law College At Sukkur And 5 IBA Community Colleges Will Be Established At Naushero-Feroze, Sukkur, Jacobabad, Dadu & Umerkot. Construction/Re-Construction / Rehabilitation / Missing Facilities/Repair & Renovation Of Existing Colleges Will Be Carried Out Located In Districts. New Furniture Will Be Provided In The Existing Degree Colleges Almost All Over Sindh.
- Special Education: The allocation for Special Education is Rs.1,117.253 million, including Rs.213 million on development side, and Rs.904.253 million on non-development side, during current financial year 2017-18.
The allocation for health sector is Rs.85.3 billion on non-development side and rs.15.50 billion on development side during current financial 2017-18. Whereas, during next financial year 2018-19 Rs.12.2 billion has been allocated on non-development side and Rs.12.50 billion on development side.
Women Development And Minority Affairs
- The People’s government allocated Rs.426.00 million under ADP during the 2017-18 for execution of various schemes. During the next financial year we have to plan following schemes: Establishment of Sales and Display Resource Centre at Mirpurkhas, Construction of women club at Makli, Establishment of women complex at Hyderabad and Larkana, Improvement of livelihood and well-being of Female Home Based Workers, Imparting driving training for women at Karachi, Establishment of training Centre and Conference Hall at Jacobabad.
- To uplift the socio-economic conditions and welfare of minorities in Sindh, we are increasing the grant for Minorities from Rs.500 million in current year 2017-18 to Rs.750 million for the next financial year 2018-19, which is to be used for financial assistance, medical treatment, scholarships and repair/renovation of Religious places of minorities.
- Road Sector: In the ADP portfolio of road sector is Rs.25.77 billion which includes Rs.400.00 million allocation for foreign assisted project. The Works & Services Department has completed 205 schemes in ADP 2017-18 for 1728 km roads; which include 1169 km for improvement of existing roads and 559 km for construction of new ones.
- Energy: Murad Shah said that we have achieved several targets during current financial year 2017-18 and have set a number of goals for next financial year 2018-19. The achievements are Thar Block-II has been progressing well ahead of its timelines both at mining level as well as power plant construction level. He added as of today, 78 percent overburden has been removed. The first seam of the Thar coal would be exposed and available for utilization by the first week of June 2018.
- Thar Coal: Government of Sindh has already spent billions of rupees to build infrastructure at Thar coalfield. At present, road access, water supply, airport, Reverse Osmosis plants, and other facilities have been completed.
- 1200 million has been allocated, four schemes for assured water supply for Thar Coal filed at the total cost of Rs.33, 310 million with next year’s allocation of Rs.2530 million will be executed, Rs.7.00 billion has been allocated for 16 on-going development schemes in ADP 2018-19 for development of road infrastructure and water schemes for Thar coal, New schemes will be accommodated under the provision of Rs.50.00 billion earmarked separately as ‘Block Allocation’ for new schemes for all sectors in ADP 2018-19.
- For 2018-19,: Rs.29.022 billion for 262 on-going schemes of water supply, sanitation and solid waste management in ADP 2018-19 is proposed.
Livestock & Fishries
- Livestock & Fisheries Department has allocated Rs.3358.878 million in next year’s ADP 2018-19 for major priority areas sucgh as increase in Milk and Meat production, Expansion of Livestock and Poultry Vaccination program and health cover, Establishment and upgradation of Veterinary Centers and Artificial Insemination Centers, Establishment of private Fish Farms for increasing export of Fish and Fish products, Research in feed, seed and breed improvement, Increase in Livestock and Poultry vaccination production, Establishment of Marine and Fresh water fisheries research Centre, Corporate Farming in Livestock, Poultry and Fisheries.
Forest, Wildlife& Environment
- Tree Plantation will be the major feature of the department in next financial year. We plan to plant riverine forest on 10,000 acres, irrigated land on 120 acres, mangroves on 3000 acres, trees on 300 Kms long road, raise 20 million container plants, and establish nurseries on 30 acres.
Relief For Govt Employees, Pensioners:
- The relief measure taken by the government include, Ad hoc Relief Allowance at 10% on running Basic Pay of BPS-2017 will be allowed to all Sindh Government and Civil Employees. 10 percent increase in Net Pension to all pensioners of the government employees; the House Rent Ceiling / House Rent Allowance enhanced at 50 percent of the existing amount. The rate of minimum Pension enhanced from Rs.6,000/- to Rs.10,000/- and minimum family pension from Rs4,500 to Rs7,500 in respect of the pensioners of Government of Sindh.
CM Sindh added in his speech that the decision on 9th NFC award is causing huge economic loss to the provinces, especially the province of Sindh because its revenue collection is much higher as compared to other provinces and urged the federal government to announce NFC award soon so that further loss to our province could be avoided.
For More Information & Videos Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel