Asif Khaliq Positioned As Commander Karachi
Asif Khaliq Positioned As Commander Karachi: Rear Admiral Asif Khaliq, has attained the role of Commander Karachi after Rear Admiral Ather Mukhtar, in an inspiring ceremony held at PNS BAHADUR.
- Rear Admiral Asif Khaliq is now commander of all training units of Pakistan Navy at Karachi. Asif Khalique joined Pakistan Navy in 1983 and was commissioned in Operations Branch in 1985. He is a graduate of Pakistan Navy War College and National Defence University, Islamabad.
Asif Khalique Career
In his distinguished career and command and staff experience his major Command appointments include Commanding Officer PNS BABUR, PNS KHAIBAR and Commander 18th Destroyer Squadron.
- He has also commanded Combined Task Force-150.
- His distinguished staff appointments include Deputy Director Naval Warfare and Operational Plans at NHQ,
- Assistant Chief of the Naval Staff (Plans),
- Principle Secretary to Chief of the Naval Staff at NHQ,
- Commandant PNS BAHADUR
- Director General Naval Intelligence
- Rear Admiral Khaliq has also served as Army & Naval Attaché of Pakistan in Paris
- The Admiral has been awarded Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military) by Government of Pakistan and National Order of Merit by Government of France.
Before taking over the command as Karachi Commander, the Admiral was serving at Naval Headquarters as Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (Admin).
During the change of command ceremony, the Admiral was presented Guard of Honor and was introduced to the commanding officers of units under COMKAR Command.
The ceremony was attended by a large number of Pakistan Navy officers, CPOs/sailors and Navy civilians.
The ceremony was attended by a large number of Pakistan Navy officers, CPOs/sailors and Navy civilians. The ceremony had the tune of “Sindhi hum, Balochi hum, Punjabi na Pathan hum, Iss parcham kay neechay Pak Fauj kay jawan hum”.
About PNS Bahadur
PNS BAHADUR, the largest establishment in the Pakistan Navy, primary role is to conduct basic, mid- career and advanced professional courses for all trades of operations branch and associated branches. All efforts are made to accommodate related requirements of Allied Navies and even sister services.
For More Information & Videos Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel