Nawaz Sharif’s Bank Account Details Submitted
Nawaz Sharif’s Bank Account Details Submitted: In the hearing of Al-Azizia Steel Mills reference against former premier Nawaz Sharif, the accountability court in Islamabad received the details of Nawaz Sharif bank’s account.
Muhammad Bashir presided over the trial proceedings in the capital. The former chief Pml-N along with his lawyer Khawaja Haris was in the attendance.
Manager of Private Bank Submitted Account Details
- A prosecution witness, Noreen Shahzadi, the manager of a private bank, placed on record the bank statement of the PML-N Quaid’s account and cheques bearing his signatures.
- At previous hearing, star prosecution witness Wajid Zia, head of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), recorded his statement against the Sharif family in the case and also submitted details of bank transactions.
- He placed on record some documents related to the companies, which included the statements of Hussain, Hassan and Maryam Nawaz submitted before the Supreme Court.
- Wajid Zia JIT Head also placed on record sale agreements of the Gulf Steel Mills of 1975 and 1980, and the partnership agreement between Tariq Shafi and Abdullah Kayed Ahli and record of bank accounts of Nawaz Sharif.
- Zia told the accountability court about the directives given by the apex court to the JIT for carrying out probe into Sharif family’s assets. “Supreme Court questioned the JIT regarding the details of the establishment and the sale of Gulf Steel Mill, authenticity of the letter by Qatari Prince Hamad bin Jassim and information of gifts, worth billions, given to Hussain Nawaz by his father,” Zia added.
Khawaja Haris, raised objection on making the documents part of the court record, saying since Maryam was not nominated in the reference and both the sons of his client were not present, their statements could not be made part of the record.
Wajid Zia Clarified
Wajid Zia shed light on how the assets were shifted from Qatar to England and Saudi Arabia. “We were tasked to investigate the ownership of Sharif family’s assets and submit a final report on the matter in 60 days. On July 10th 2017, JIT report was presented before the apex court,” Zia stated.
For More Information & Videos Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel